Harriet Doherty, a Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor, has been in the financial services field for more than 30 years. Since 1994, Harriet has been involved in the retirement plan market, working with several private schools in the Baltimore area as well as with the Anne Arundel County public school system. In addition, she focuses on financial planning, concentrating on retirement readiness strategies.
Education and Certifications
- BA in English/education from McDaniel College
- Series 7, 63 and 65 registered
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®)
- Registered Investment Advisor
- Life and health insurance licensed
Harriet has been in the financial services field since 1975 when she joined Aetna as a pension administrator. She affiliated with Lincoln Financial Advisors in 1982 prior to joining Insight Financial Group, LLC, in October 2009. She is now an associate at Heritage Financial Consultants.
Professional Association Memberships
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors(NAIFA)
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Women in Financial Services (WIFS)
On A Personal Note
Harriet is a lifelong resident of Lutherville, MD. She and her husband, Denny, currently reside there. They have two grown children and one grandchild.
Main Service Areas:
- Retirement Planning and Readiness Strategies
- Education Funding
- Financial Planning