James G. Morgan Jr. (Jim) is a Founding Partner of Heritage Financial Consultants. He has been involved in the insurance and financial services industry since 1960. He specializes in working with high net worth individuals on their financial planning, estate planning, and philanthropic planning.
Jim joined Lincoln National Life Insurance Company in 1969. He was named President of its Baltimore agency in 1978 and became CEO in 1983. Under his leadership, the agency was the largest life insurance agency in Maryland and one of the largest in the United States. In April 1997, Jim retired as CEO of Lincoln National Life’s Baltimore office.
Jim, a native Baltimorean, and his wife devote much of their time to speaking around the country on training and educating children with learning disabilities. In 1993, Jim and his wife set up the Morgan Family Foundation, primarily for making charitable contributions to a wide range of organizations. They currently reside in Lutherville, MD and have four children and ten grandchildren.
FINRA Series 1 registered
Charted Life Underwriter (CLU®)
Registered Health Underwriter (RHU®)
Registered Investment Advisor Representative
Life and Health insurance registered
- Maryland Association of Health Underwriters (Past President)
- Baltimore Life Underwriters Association (Past President)
- American Society of CLU® and ChFC®, Baltimore Chapter (Past President)
- Baltimore GAMA (Past President)
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- B.S., University of Baltimore
- National Football Foundation Hall of Fame (Past President)
- Eastern Collegiate Association of Football Officials (Past President)
- Established Calvert Hall Colleges LaSalle Program
- Established program for dyslexic students at Bishop Walsh High School (Cumberland)
- Helped to start Odyssey, Highlands, and Summit schools
- University of Baltimore – Alumni of the Year
- University of Baltimore – Entrepreneur of the Year
- University of Baltimore – Athletic Hall of Fame
- Calvert Hall – Hall of Fame
The Alumni of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year and the Athletic Hall of Fame awards are independently produced by the University of Baltimore and are based on scholastic, professional and athletic accomplishments of graduates of the University of Baltimore. Heritage Financial Consultants, LLC (Heritage) nor the Advisor applied for this award; the Advisor was nominated for each award. Heritage nor its Advisor or their parent firm have paid any fee to the University of Baltimore for the nomination, promotion or receipt of this award. This award was independently granted and a membership in an organization was not required; however, the recipient had to be a graduate of the University of Baltimore.
The Hall Of Fame induction by the Calvert Hall School was independently produced by the Calvert Hall School and is based on alumni status and accomplishments. Heritage Financial Consultants, LLC (Heritage) not the Advisor applied for this award; the Advisor was nominated for this award. Heritage nor its Advisor or their parent company have paid any fee to the Calvert Hall School for the nomination, promotion or receipt of this award. This award was independently granted and a membership in an organization was not required; however, the recipient had to be a graduate of the Calvert Hall School.