James G. Morgan Jr. (Jim) is a Founding Partner of Heritage Financial Consultants. He has been involved in the insurance and financial services industry since 1960. He specializes in working with high net worth individuals on their financial planning, estate planning, and philanthropic planning.
Jim joined Lincoln National Life Insurance Company in 1969. He was named President of its Baltimore agency in 1978 and became CEO in 1983. Under his leadership, the agency was the largest life insurance agency in Maryland and one of the largest in the United States. In April 1997, Jim retired as CEO of Lincoln National Life’s Baltimore office.
Jim, a native Baltimorean, and his wife devote much of their time to speaking around the country on training and educating children with learning disabilities. In 1993, Jim and his wife set up the Morgan Family Foundation, primarily for making charitable contributions to a wide range of organizations. They currently reside in Lutherville, MD and have four children and ten grandchildren.
FINRA Series 1 registered
Charted Life Underwriter (CLU®)
Registered Health Underwriter (RHU®)
Registered Investment Advisor Representative
Life and Health insurance registered
- Maryland Association of Health Underwriters (Past President)
- Baltimore Life Underwriters Association (Past President)
- American Society of CLU® and ChFC®, Baltimore Chapter (Past President)
- Baltimore GAMA (Past President)
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- University of Baltimore – Alumni of the Year
- University of Baltimore – Entrepreneur of the Year
- University of Baltimore – Athletic Hall of Fame
- Calvert Hall – Hall of Fame
- B.S., University of Baltimore
- National Football Foundation Hall of Fame (Past President)
- Eastern Collegiate Association of Football Officials (Past President)
- Established Calvert Hall Colleges LaSalle Program
- Established program for dyslexic students at Bishop Walsh High School (Cumberland)
- Helped to start Odyssey, Highlands, and Summit schools