Christopher Portner, CFP®, works with small businesses to establish and maintain successful retirement benefits and with high-net-worth families to help them achieve their goals through wealth management, risk management, tax reduction strategies, retirement planning, and estate planning.
Defining wealth management as “the integration of investment portfolio management and comprehensive financial planning,” Chris carries this philosophy throughout his practice and focuses on the financial success and security of his clients, their families, their businesses, and the assets for which they are responsible – in essence, his clients’ goals are his goals.
Chris has been advising individuals and small businesses for more than 29 years. Beginning his career in 1990, he completed his CFP® designation in 1998 and received his M.S. in Personal Financial Planning in 2013.
Chris lives with his wife, Deborah, in Hunt Valley, MD. They have one daughter and a Wheaton terrier named Shelby. In his free time, Chris is a competitive backgammon player and enjoys great wine, good food, and time with family and friends.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- Registered Investment Advisor Representative
- Series 4, 7, 8, 24, 53, 63, and 65 registered
- Life and Health insurance licensed (Property, Casualty Agent)
- The Financial Planning Association
- The Society of Financial Service Professionals
- M.S., The College for Financial Planning
- B.S., Towson University
- Greencroft Community Association (Past Treasurer, 2008-2018)
- Greenspring Montessori School (Past Board and Finance Committee Member)
Primary Clients or Industries
High net worth families
Small business owners
Primary Service Areas