Nasser Ali delivers and manages the investment management process at Heritage Financial Consultants. He has been involved with investment management for more than 25 years, including portfolio design and management, econometric modeling, capital market research, security analysis, manager and product due diligence, and trading.
He is committed to helping clients identify their financial and personal goals and positioning them to achieve those goals. He specializes in investment planning and retirement planning, as well as advanced portfolio design and management for complex situations and higher net worth individuals.
Nasser joined the firm after serving as the Director of Financial Advisory Services at Lincoln Financial Advisors (LFA), where he was responsible for overseeing the delivery of investment planning. While at LFA, he served as a member of LFA’s Investment Policy Committee, Steering List Committee, and Product Review Committee. Prior to that, Nasser held Portfolio Manager and Analyst positions at Legg Mason, as well as various investment-related positions at Calvert Funds and Calvert Funds’ affiliated companies. He received his B.S. in Finance from The University of Maryland.
Nasser was born and grew up in Bethesda, MD. He is passionate about his family, fitness, and continuous learning. His interests outside the office include hockey, classic cars, charity runs/duathlons, and spending time with his family.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS®)
- Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC®)
- Series 7, 24, 63, and 65 registered
- Life and Health insurance licensed
- CFA Institute
- CAIA Association
- Baltimore Security Analysts Society
- Financial Planning Association
- B.S., The University of Maryland