Steve McDermott has more than 20 years of financial services experience. He provides comprehensive financial planning, advising his clients in the accumulation, conservation, and ultimate distribution of their assets. He works with clients who possess a spectrum of investible assets, including wealthy families who need to plan for multiple generations of finance-related challenges and opportunities, as well as those who are just getting started and establishing financial systems for the first time. Steve works closely with his Practice Manager, Karin Clark, and they have been a team for more than 10 years, with almost 40 years of combined experience.
Steve knew he wanted to be an investment advisor since the age of 16, following in the footsteps of his father, Col. Frank McDermott (retired U.S. Army), who joined the field following a 30-year military career. Steve has worked with firms such as Legg Mason, UBS/PaineWebber, Wilmington Trust, and M&T Securities. He was a member of the M&T Securities President’s Council and was inducted into the M&T Securities Hall of Fame in 2019.
Steve was born in San Antonio, Texas and grew up in a military family, moving to several countries and many states along the way. Steve and his wife, Jenny, have been together since they were seniors in high school, and they now have two adult children, Ava and Connor. If Steve is not spending time with his family, including his six older siblings, he is spending time and staying in touch with his many cherished friends.
- Licensed General Securities Representative
- General Securities Sales Supervisor
- FINRA Series 7, 9, 10, 65, and 66 registered
- Registered Investment Advisor Representative
- B.S., University of Maryland, College Park
- John Carroll High School (Assistant Head Coach, JV Head Coach, and Assistant Football Position Coach, 1998-2003)
- Bel Air Youth Football (Assistant Head Coach, 2004-2009)
- Fallston Youth Football (Assistant Head Coach, 2010-2018)
Primary Service Areas
Estate planning consultation
Investment portfolio design
Retirement and income planning
Insurance and annuity solutions
Business succession planning